About Boys & Girls Clubs of Kennebec Valley
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
The philosophy of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kennebec Valley is that children of all ages are entitled to a safe, positive environment, fun, supportive relationships, opportunities, expectations and recognition.
• Safe, Positive Environment: Club staff, facilities, programs and age-appropriate settings create stability, consistency and a sense of physical and emotional safety for members. The Club provides structure and clearly defines acceptable behavior.
• Fun: The Club generates fun for members. Members develop a strong sense of belonging through connections they establish with staff and peers. Staff members make the Club feel more like home, fostering a family atmosphere and creating a sense of ownership for members.
• Family Supportive Relationships: Club youth develop meaningful relationships with adults and their peers. Staff members actively encourage such relationships. Staff members display warmth, caring, appreciation, acceptance and guidance in their interactions with members.
• Opportunities, Expectations: Club youth acquire physical, social, technological, artistic and life skills. The Club encourages members to develop a moral character while reinforcing high expectations and helping members with school and post-secondary education.
• Recognition: The Club recognizes and supports young people’s self-worth and accomplishments. Staff members encourage youth and provide positive reinforcement as they make improvements and experience successes. The Club showcases young people’s achievements.
• Family Support: We take our responsibility to you and your family very seriously and work as a team to provide a safe, positive environment for all Club members. Let's work together to make sure your children have a safe place, positive adults, healthy activities, fun, opportunities to help each other, and most of all, the love and support they need to grow into happy, healthy adults.